Friday, June 7, 2013

Pineapple Berry Green Smoothie


 This is the perfect green smoothie for someone who wants to start drinking green smoothies and is also great for children. When you first start adding green smoothies to your lifestyle, I think it is best if you start with spinach as your greens (it is more mild) and use more fruit than greens. I would start with 40% greens and 60% fruit and then gradually add more greens until you have at least 50% greens! I think using sweeter fruit like pineapple is also a great idea. This is my children's favorite green smoothie currently. And you can always add more greens as your taste buds change which makes it a good recipe for anyone! I also give my children special wide smoothie straws that we only use for green smoothies, which they love!!  (I found these colored ones at Bed Bath and Beyond.) Enjoy!
  
Pineapple Berry Green Smoothie
1 can pineapple (100% juice)
2 cups water
4-6 cups spinach (newbys start with 4)
1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
1 1/2 cups blueberries
1 frozen banana
Place the pineapple, water and greens in your blender. Blend lightly. Add berries and banana and mix well in Vitamix. Add ice if not using frozen fruit to attain the consistency you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment