Monday, March 25, 2013

"Cheezy" Queso Dip

My husband and I both LOVE a good queso! This version has no dairy and tastes just like our favorite restaurant version! I adapted this recipe from one at simplehealthytasty. It is such a versatile dip- perfect as a queso dip with organic corn chips. (I also like to add fresh cilantro and tomatoes on top!) It is also delicious on taco salad, burritos, nachos, veggie sandwiches and to dip raw veggies in!

 "Cheezy" Queso Dip
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1 1/2 cups raw cashews
1 yellow or red bell pepper, seeds removed
juice from one lemon
1 t minced garlic
3/4 t Himalayan salt
1/4 t cumin
1/4 t chili powder
1/4 t dried oregano
1/2 cup water
Mix everything in a Vitamix and blend until smooth and creamy.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS!!! We make something similar all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Does it really taste like queso? I'm ding dairy free and I've been missing cheese!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My whole family loves this. When shawn first tried it he thought it was queso! Hence why I called it queso!! Try it you will like it!

      Delete